Desert Feet Tour
WARNING: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that this website may contain images and voices of deceased persons.
Desert Feet Tour is a West Australian based music project, using the arts to create educational and musical opportunities in remote communities, encouraging cultural expression and awareness.
- Staging events in remote/isolated communities, performance opportunities for musicians in remote areas.
- Bringing musicians, performers, and talent to perform for the communities.
- Staging events with national level acts, to create exposure for the artists we unearth.
- Recording, producing, and promoting musicians from remote Indigenous communities. See Desert Feet Records (DFR), not-for-profit record label in Australia for musicians in remote areas.
All our concerts are alcohol and smoke free family events.
- We teach basic sight-reading, song-writing and music theory classes.
- We deliver healthy lifestyle messages in the song writing, in partnership with Diabetes WA.
- We help existing artists to develop their workshop presentation skills.
- We produce recordings/demos of songs created in workshops / classes.
All our workshops are optional, non-intrusive and flexible. People can watch, join in, leave, or come and go as they please. There is no duress, pass or fail mark, or pressure. As a result, we can boast very high attendances.
Our aim during the workshops is to develop a song, which participants can then perform at the concerts. It’s an exciting thing to be a part of.
Please click the icons below to read about the desert feet tours to date;
2014 Tour Blogs coming very soon!