Desert Feet Tour
DFT is a Music Project; Using the arts to create Educational and Musical opportunities in Remote Communities but also to create greater Cultural Awareness.
July Desert Feet Tour Over
The Desert Feet Tour returns to Perth after another successful tour out to Parnngurr for the Western Desert Sports Carnival. During this time we put on and facilitated the evening concerts and ran workshops during the day time for the kids.
This time we decided to work with the kids to make a single song at the workshops and then turn it into a video with a green screen. Here is the resulting video:
You can view further videos from the tour on the video page.
The John Watson Song Launched!
The John Watson Song has now been completed and is available for purchase by donation here.
Music Opportunities on the Desert Feet Tour:
- Staging events in remote/isolated communities, performance opportunities for musicians in remote areas.
- Bringing musicians, performers, and talent to perform for the communities.
- Staging events with national level acts, to create exposure for the artists we unearth.
- Recording, producing, and promoting musicians from remote Indigenous communities. See Desert Feet Records (DFR), not-for-profit record label in Australia for musicians in remote areas.
All our concerts, public or otherwise, are alcohol and smoke free family events.
- We teach basic sight-reading, song-writing and music theory classes.
- We deliver healthy lifestyle messages in the song writing, in partnership with Diabetes WA.
- We help existing artists to develop their workshop presentation skills.
- We produce recordings/demos of songs created in workshops / classes.
All our workshops are optional, non-intrusive and flexible. People can watch, join in, leave, or come and go as they please. There is no duress, pass or fail mark, or pressure. As a result, we can boast very high attendances.
Our aim during the workshops is to develop a song, which participants can then perform at the concerts. It’s an exciting thing to be a part of.
Please click the icons below to read about the desert feet tours to date.